Operations --> Warehouse
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, or warehouse by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Advises and instructs subordinates in all aspects of work and in the safe operation of the equipment and machinery necessary to this position.
- Ensures adherence to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Knows location and arrangement of stock and to plan layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems. Possess working knowledge of material involved in the position and their uses.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels. Order warehouse supplies as assigned.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for delivery and/or shipping schedule. Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Issues written and oral instructions. Assists in the transmittal of administrative information, policies and procedures, decisions, changes, etc. to subordinates.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, develops, and trains new employees and reviews progress of subordinates periodically with Branch Manager. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Observes any non-employees in the warehouse environment in regard to their personal safety. Reports any unauthorized person(s) to the Branch Manager.
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Establishes goals and objectives for assigned area to meet overall department goals; develops and implements new and revised methods or procedures to improve efficiency and help achieve goals.
- Analyzes operational issues to determine the most effective and efficient use of all resources.
- Plans and schedules tasks over the short and long range to determine priorities and assign work.
- Coordinates and organizes annual inventory counts for assigned area/division.
- Resolves customer complaints and questions and inventory problems presented by subordinate staff.
- Manages property control system; assigns bin locations, barcodes, ensures appropriate documentation of location, description and other data.
- Determines disposition of used or damaged property and handles accordingly.
- Excellent knowledge of shipping/receiving practices, policies and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of merchandise handling and production methods.
- Excellent knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Basic computer system skills required.
- RF Technology knowledge a plus.
- Four to five years related experience and/or training with one year of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located at 5208 Sycamore Drive, Pensacola, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.