Operations --> Driver
Come Join the Irby Team based out of our Johnson City, TN Branch!
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position drives a gasoline or diesel powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver products or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes deliveries of merchandise to customers, other Irby branch locations and/or to final destination. Projects a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assists with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Be responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Checks items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket.
- Knowledge of electrical goods is important and the truck driver is expected to acquire this knowledge for positive identification of delivered items.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations, particularly the hazards encountered with driving a truck. Maintains a good driving record and be properly licensed as a commercial driver.
- Understands and abides by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for Interstate drivers where applicable. Maintains driver log according to D.O.T. regulations.
- Keeps accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Ability to assist Warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- Practices proper safety measures to protect company property and personnel.
- Monitors maintenance schedules for delivery trucks.
- CDL License is required for this position.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing personnel and work activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commercial Drivers License required.
Must hold a Class A CDL driver's license
2 to 5 years Class A CDL driving experience
This position is located at 501 West Mountain View Rd., Johnson City, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.