Mobile Testing Technician
Operations --> Logistics
Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 500 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. Irby Utilities has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position will operate a traveling Mobile Testing Lab for repairing tools and building ground sets and rope products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to load, unload, and move materials within or near work site by performing the following duties.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area per Sales Ticket.
- If the merchandise listed on the Sales Ticket is not in stock, check with the writer of the ticket before backordering. Also, check the Special Order area to see if we are holding item for a specific customer.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Recheck orders that someone else has assembled as an additional service to our customer.
- Package merchandise for shipment by common carrier. Appropriate packaging will depend upon the merchandise involved.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. Unload incoming vehicles and prepare necessary receiving documents after carefully counting the merchandise. Handle freight claims as required.
- Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Learn to safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area. Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Familiarize yourself with all electrical merchandise and where it is stored in the warehouse. Relocate or rearrange merchandise as required. Fabricate and install racks and shelving as required.
- Be courteous in all contact with company customers.
- Lock and unlock doors as assigned. Assist in keeping all work areas clean.
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; prepares materials for shipping by weighing, packaging and stamping; prepares necessary shipping forms such as bills of lading.
- Provides on the job training to lower level employees and resolves problems utilizing knowledge of shipping/receiving/stock operations.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hand tools and hot sticks
- Identify repair parts required.
- Build custom ground sets
- Perform High Voltage Testing
- Currently have a Driver's License and the ability to get a Medical Card in order to drive company vehicle
- Enter data into computer system and maintain required documentation
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Background in repairing tools required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Clean MVR required and the ability to travel 70 to 80% of the time
- Requires strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of computerized system operation.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling equipment.
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas, to include driving an F-350 with trailer.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located at 6553 Lake Industrial Parkway, Lake Park, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.