Director, Partner Sales
Serving nearly 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with premier trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. We are looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team.
The Director of Partner Sales will lead and execute our business-to-business publishing partnership strategy to trade associations, professional societies, and nonprofits. We are looking for individuals who will drive new business and are accustomed to working with executives. The successful candidate will develop new sales leads; manage the business development pipeline, present effectively; offer exceptional written sales skills and provide insight into market and product developments.
This position, which reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Publishing, is a rare opportunity to join a well recognized, profitable company.
- Base + commission, with no cap
- Bonus eligibility for exceeding revenue goals
- Outstanding health/dental/vision, disability, 401K, commuter benefits
The most successful candidates will:
- Be results-driven, inquisitive and competitive by nature
- Possess a proven track record of academic and sales/business development success
- Have experience leading a contract negotiation process
- Write well and exhibit exceptional verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a solution-oriented attitude and strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated to achieve personal and team objectives
- Understand the value of effective collaboration and communication
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Direct sales experience, preferably to associations
- Ability to create and follow an annual strategic and tactical plan
- Demonstrated ability to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Effective time management skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Ability to travel to customer and prospect sites, and to represent SmartBrief at trade shows, conferences and other events