Current Openings --> Detention Healthcare
STGi provides detention health care services including medical, dental, and behavioral health to individuals in custody within ICE detention facilities. We are seeking Dentist candidates for full-time and PRN/Per Diem healthcare positions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by American
- Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Board Certification in General Dentistry or other specialty preferred but not required.
- Current, full, and unrestricted licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Georgia.
- One year of recent work experience in the United States as a licensed practicing dentist.
- Oral surgery experience is mandatory.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- US Citizen.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted privileges.
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- Conducts a program of primary dental care with responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Provides dental treatment and advice to patients as indicated.
- Documents electronically case history, diagnosis, and pertinent clinical information.
- Examines patients, utilizes diagnostic equipment as appropriate, interpreting results for diagnosis; establish diagnose(s) and performs necessary treatment, carrying out such follow- up treatment as may be indicated.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Medical Corps - 60J, 60L, 61F, 61H, 61N, 61R,62B
Medical Specialist Corps - 65B, 65C, 65D
Nurse Corps - 66B,66H, 66P
Medical Service Corps – 67G, 67J
Medical CMF – 68A, 68B, 68E, 68F, 68G, 68J, 68Q, 6
This position is located at 3026 Highway 252 E, Folkston, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.