Rogers Behavioral Health is growing their experiential therapy programs and just opened a new Activity Assistant role in Brown Deer, WI. We are looking for someone who wants to use their passion of art, music, and/or recreation to help heal those struggling with mental health or substance use disorders. Bring that passion to facilitate leisure and recreational group activities that include stretching, fitness, games, yoga (with certification), sports, and arts and crafts.
- Great position to gain experience while finishing degree programs
- New position to help bring quality and unique care to our patients
- Learn the different programs and specialties offered within the organization
- Supportive managers and peers to set you up for success with thorough orientation and training included
- 4pm – 8pm
- 16 hours a week | 0.4 FTE
- Great for those in school or those looking to those getting into the field
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) for positions of 20 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered ($1,500 per child, per year).
- Success share bonus paid annually based on company goals and performance.
- 401k with company match that is fully vested from day 1.
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities.
- Tuition Reeducation Partnerships with select local universities.
- 12 free coaching or therapy sessions (for you and your dependents) per person, per year.
- Discounts on select programs like gym memberships, travel packages and pet insurance.
- Play an intricate role in the growth and development of our patients.
- Gain experience in facilitating activities that play an important part in patient treatment.
- Monitor patient/resident behavior and safety using de-escalation techniques as trained and appropriate.
- Complete patient documentation for patient groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field including, but not limited to art, music, dance, and recreation/fitness preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license. May be required to have driving record approved by Rogers Memorial Hospital's insurance carrier.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR or American Red Cross Professional Rescue certification is required within thirty (30) days of the date of hire, with annual re-certification.
- Formal training in management of the aggressive patient is required within sixty (60) days of the date of hire, with annual re-certification, including self-defense training.
- Must pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Rogers Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit provider of highly specialized psychiatric care. Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults with OCD and anxiety, addiction, depression and other mood disorders, eating disorders, trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than a century of experience, Rogers is leading the way on measurement-based care and use of clinical outcomes. Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers outpatient services in a growing network of communities across the U.S.
The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research; and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health challenges.
For more information, visit rogersbh.org.
This position is located at 4600 Schroeder Dr., Brown Deer, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.