Mental Health Technician - Inpatient (Part-Time)
Rogers Behavioral Health, in West Allis, is excited to announce we are looking to add to our Mental Health Tech Team!
Ask about our shift differential pay for evenings, nights and weekends!
The Mental Health Technician functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients ranging in age depending on which unit worked.
Part-Time PM: 3:00pm-11:30pm, rotating weekends and Holidays included.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living; interacts with patients, attends to patient needs and helps in crisis intervention, as needed.
- Transports patients to and from appointments, clinics, laboratories, and/or treatments, as and when appropriate.
- Facilitates on-the-job training for new and existing MHT team members.
- Assist in providing therapeutic patient care, in group or one-to-one settings.
- Responds to emergency and/or crisis situations and supports visitor safety.
- Monitors safety of patients and environment, including infection control standards.
- Actively observes/monitors and records patient behavior and activities including but not limited to meals and monitoring food intake.
- Ensure safety and accurate location of patients at all times, including responsibility for milieu management.
- Reports any changes in patient condition or safety to the treatment team.
- Orients and educate patients upon admission and document as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols, and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning, and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- A current driver's license, in good standing, is preferred.
- Float coverage support to inpatient and residential (adult) levels of care.
Formal training will be provided for the following:
- American Heart Association CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) within 60 days of hire.
- Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) trainings within 90 days of hire.
- Must pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1.
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities.
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Rogers Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit provider of highly specialized psychiatric care. Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults with OCD and anxiety, addiction, depression and other mood disorders, eating disorders, trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than a century of experience, Rogers is leading the way on measurement-based care and use of clinical outcomes. Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers outpatient services in a growing network of communities across the U.S.
The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research; and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health challenges. For more information, visit rogersbh.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action – Rogers Behavioral Health (rogersbh.org)
This position is located at 11101 West Lincoln Ave., West Allis, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.