The Clinical Director directs and coordinates activities of the clinical services in the regional-site programs that may include but are not limited to: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD) & Anxiety Disorders Programs, Eating Disorders, PTSD, and/or other clinical programs as determined by community need consistent with Rogers’ Mission. He/She ensures the clinical staff receives appropriate clinical supervision, assures quality patient care for all patients admitted to the service, and provides direct patient care. The Director facilitates connection with the community to create a continuum of care and assures utilization of services. He/She also facilitates the continuum of care with Rogers Residential Services.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Rogers Behavioral Health regional programs’ clinical staff performance in providing treatment services in the assigned regional program.
- Ensure the clinical staff receives appropriate clinical supervision.
- Conduct and/or oversees retrospective reviews and evaluations of the quality of patient care through patient care audit procedures.
- Facilitate the clinical continuum of care.
- Assure the development of a continuum within the local community.
- Assure the development of continuum with Rogers Residential and in-patient services.
- Serve as a liaison to the community.
- Develop program schedule and training curriculum.
- Assist with developing program schedule based on empirically supported clinical practice.
- Develop training curriculum to assure staff are competent/clinically effective.
- Participate in participation of CBT Academy modules.
- May provide direct patient care for patients in the program.
- May conduct initial assessment on patients in the program.
- Work with staff to develop and update the patient’s treatment plan.
- May provide ongoing care to selected patients in the program.
- Monitor clinical staff performance and provide opportunities for age-specific continuing education.
- Provide a continuing education program for the medical staff and for other clinical staff, as requested and as deemed necessary, to keep staff informed of significant new developments and new skills in psychiatric care of patients.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of clinical staff development and staff training activities.
- Ensure completion of regular performance reviews of all clinical staff supervised.
- Develop, administer and seek compliance with the bylaws, rules and regulations for services provided.
- Report to Rogers Behavioral Health Chief Operations Officer of Regional PHP/IOP programs.
- Account to the Executive Committee of the Medical Staff for the quality and efficiency of patient care rendered to patients at the Hospital through reports and recommendations, as needed.
- Represent the Clinical Services to the Board of Directors, Joint Conference Committee, Performance Improvement, Case Management, Risk Management, and Infection Control Committees.
- Demonstrate understanding of Joint Commission and other regulatory agency compliance regulations:
- Involve self in the learning and the application of standards relevant to the medical staff.
- Participate in in-services/seminars and other meetings to increase involvement and awareness of regulations.
- Involve self in the education of other disciplines regarding the Service.
- Plan effectively for department needs by working with the director and administrative leadership with involvement with the Hospital budgeting process:
- Assist the director with the department needs to include the annual budget.
- Assist and support the director in managing the FTE expenditures with compliance to the FTE budget.
- Assist the director in managing the capital and other operational expenditures with compliance to the related budget.
- Maintain an understanding of any variance and its impact on the department budget.
- Communicate such information to the director, clinical director, and Chief Operations Officer of PHP/IOP Regional Programs in a timely manner.
- Participate in Hospital committees, meetings and team projects.
- Demonstrate punctuality and preparedness.
- Demonstrate effective chairperson skills, if applicable
- Good organizational skills with agenda and minute preparation
- Ability to facilitate a meeting and keep it on track.
10.Contribute in a positive, solution-focused manner.Assist in the recruitment process.
- Assist the director in working with the Human Resources department in the development of an effective advertisement.
- Conduct interviews that are comprehensive, fair, and lead to a timely recruitment decision.
- Develop screening criteria for analysis of applicant’s qualifications, professional aptitude, and overall quality contribution to the Hospital.
11. Participate in the Rogers Improvement System (RIS):
- Maintain familiarity in the RIS process.
- Apply the RIS model and tools to department functions.
- Participate in and/or create RIS teams that lead to improvement.
- Educate and involve staff in Rogers and department RIS plans.
12. Participate in the Hospital’s marketing plan:
- Develop department customer service/public relations plan.
- Interact with the director of Product Development to communicate customer-related issues.
- Participate in the customer feedback process when necessary
- Educate medical staff regarding the Service’s marketing plan.
- Participate in department service-related marketing activities.
- Participate in referral development activity.
13. Other responsibilities as negotiated by the parties.
14. Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate organizational skills that promote timely response to all inquiries and to project completion.
- Communicate with all individuals in a positive and professional manner.
- Attempt to resolve individual issues with peers in a positive, calm manner, with a focus on solution.
- Communicate concerns and provide solutions for same.
- Attend outside seminars to promote professional growth.
- Interact with external professional peers to create a professional network.
- Comply with the applicable Hospital’s policies and the medical staff programs.
- Project professional image by wearing professional attire.
- Excellent communication skills required to understand and relate to community representatives, department managers, Hospital medical and clinical staff, Hospital CEO, and Board of Directors.
- Able to understand and communicate using medical terminology.
- Excellent writing skills needed to prepare reports.
- Able to use initiative and judgment to organize, plan activities, formulate policies, delegate responsibility and make decisions affecting diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Must be able to relate to people in a manner to win their confidence and establish rapport.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing conditions, programs and various details of the position.
- Verbal and hearing ability required to interact with community representatives, patients and employees. Numerical ability required to maintain records and operate a computer.
- Must be able to read and communicate through written, verbal and auditory skills and abilities.
- Position requires walking, sitting and standing. Work is performed inside the building and is physically light. Lifting is moderate; must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 pounds. Reaching, handling, grasping and manual dexterity are necessary to operate various office equipment.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1.
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities.
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Rogers Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit provider of highly specialized psychiatric care. Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults with OCD and anxiety, addiction, depression and other mood disorders, eating disorders, trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than a century of experience, Rogers is leading the way on measurement-based care and use of clinical outcomes.
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers outpatient services in a growing network of communities across the U.S.
The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research; and Rogers In Health, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health challenges. For more information, visit rogersbh.org.
To apply, please visit rogersbh.org/careers and complete an online application.
- Doctor of Psychology licensed in the state in which the regional program is based.
- Administrative or supervisory experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Sales/marketing, patient development and/or community relations-related experience.
This position is located at 6442 City West Parkway, Suite 200, Eden Prairie, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.