Clerical and Administrative
Reporting to the Controller, the Receptionist will be responsible for providing general clerical, administrative, and accounting support to the office and supervisory staff at Roeslein and Associates of Indiana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clerical and administrative support; including, but not limited to: answer phones, greet visitors, running errands, copy, fax, scan, and file.
- Assist with the purchase of office supplies, furniture, maintenance of office equipment, and more, for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Enter approved expense reports for payment. Manage and pay per diem for traveling employees.
- Assist the accounting department with recurring and special projects.
- Ensure that all visitors have reviewed our safety video and are equipped with proper PPE.
- Ensure that all loaned PPE is clean and in good condition.
- Manage, stock, and order office, kitchen, and janitorial supplies. Maintain kitchen area and stocking of refrigerators.
- Order and track high visibility shirt inventory.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail.
- Set up and maintain files, organize and prioritize information, generate correspondence and reports.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Manage company events including scheduling and catering, including visitors lunches.
- Prepare and manage office and conference rooms for meetings with vendors and clients.
- Manage phone system database.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- Assist accounting department on an as-needed basis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with set-up of new Jobs in Job Cost system – enter contracts, estimates and change orders.
- Assist with posting payments received from customers.
- Assist with answering accounts payable inquiries and resolve accounts payable issues.
- Assist with petty cash reconciliations.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for short periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Sitting 90%; standing/walking 10%. Occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds and 40 pounds rarely.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of administrative experience is preferred.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Exceptional attention to detail is required.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Requires a strong ability to multi-task and flexibility to learn and accept other duties.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Must have a positive attitude and cooperate well.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Must be responsible and reliable.
- High level of energy and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written are required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management, in a team environment.
- Must comply with Roeslein’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.