Mechanical CAD Drafter I
The Mechanical CAD Drafter position is responsible for developing detailed design drawings from sketches and/or marked-up drawings provided by engineers and designers. The primary role of this position is to provide design support for multiple disciplines during the course of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop structural reference plans per General Arrangement (GA) layout.
- Develop detailed steel fabrication drawings.
- Update steel Fabrication Summary.
- Coordinate with Lead CAD Designer to facilitate steel purchase.
- Assist with P&ID’s, piping/ducting plans and fabrication drawings.
- Assist with electrical cable tray reference plans and detailed electrical cable tray fabrication drawings.
- Assist with development of equipment foundation criteria drawings.
- Develop equipment reference plans.
- Assist with tagging and shipping documentation.
- Assemble drawing packages including transmittal and drawing list for issue.
- Attend pre-delivery inspections (PDI’s) in Red Bud, IL to “as-built” any corrections necessary.
- Follow established AutoCAD standardization as provided in the Roeslein Engineering / Drafting Standards.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 0-10% per year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; and work in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or a related degree is required.
- Zero (0) to Two (2) years of experience in drafting / design experience is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2012 or above is required.
- Ability to manage time and efforts towards completing designs on time and within budgets is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.