CAD/Solidworks Conveyor Designer
The Designer, Conveyor Systems will be responsible for the design of material and product conveying systems for the procurement and fabrication for the D&I Engineering Design Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate conveyor 2D system drawings including plan and elevations.
- Generate production release documents for manufacturing.
- Develop conveyor installation drawings.
- Generate 3D models for manufacturing.
- Develop drawings that will be used for procurement and fabrication.
- Assist with facilitation of the procurement.
- Regularly interact with Pride Conveyance employees and address any design conveyance issues.
- Coordinate with outside conveyor vendors, project teams, and fabrication facilities to ensure procurement and fabrication are done according to customer specifications.
- Maintain Roeslein’s conveyance CAD library.
- Serve as a conveyor resource for any questions or issues.
- Ensure final product meets specifications before shipment.
- Become and serve as the subject-matter expert on conveyance internally.
- Travel to Hollister, CA to work with their design and engineering team as required.
- Potential to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain knowledge and skills of conveyance design and learn line control aspects of conveyance systems.
- Attend conveyor buy-offs of systems.
- Assist with conveyor layouts for proposals as needed.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or a related degree is required.
- Strong knowledge of Roeslein’s modular approach, D&I conveying systems, and CAD standards in strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of mechanical conveyor design, parts and fabrication is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with conveyor layout design is not required, but up to two (2) years of experience with conveyor layout design is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.