AMS Field Mechanic
- Conduct performance maintenance and inspection on compressor packages to meet manufacturer’s maintenance intervals on client equipment.
- Procure required parts and materials for proper unit operation to ensure resources are available at client site or on hand.
- Communicate with service manager to facilitate ordering of parts and materials for maintenance intervals.
- Ensure client work site and equipment is properly maintained and configured to client specifications upon completion of maintenance or inspections.
- Confirm equipment is turned on to auto so that equipment runs without client operation before demobilization, unless client specifies otherwise.
- Make oneself available to frequent service calls by being on call 24/7.
- Maintain open lines of communication with client to confirm project schedules and timeframe, and update clients on project status.
- Draft proper paperwork relevant to the job to facilitate invoicing, ordering parts, documenting time, and obtain customer signatures to validate time tickets, etc.
- Ensure client property is secured when leaving sites by locking facilities, gates, etc., and managing key inventory.
- Offer accurate resolutions and maintenance education for clients through successful technical support in intense, high-level risk or security environments with little to no supervision, as singular representative of Reagan Power and Compressions and it service capabilities.
- Identify functionality or defects through visual and electrical inspections on power distribution equipment and performance maintenance or repairs within testing guidelines.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Electronic Troubleshooting — Knowledge of advanced electric principles.
- Equipment Maintenance — Knowledge of Reagan Power products and equipment.
- Technical Services — Extensive knowledge of service standards for products.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Tools include: Multimeter, Wrenches, Drivers, Drills, Wiring Tools, and Soldering Pen.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Safety Compliance — Provide safety standards for product use.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills — This position requires advanced skills. This includes the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Skills — This position requires intermediate skills (calculate figures/discounts, proportions, area, etc.)
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming such as Microsoft Office Business Suite.
- 7 years of experience in installation, testing, reliability, or maintenance of compressors and affiliated components, required.
- Service experience in electrical controls, required.
This position is located at 16 Industrial Lane, Columbia, MS. View the Google Map in full screen.