Field Service Mechanic 1
AMS Field Mechanic
Job Description – Field Service Technician
LOCATION: Broussard, LA
REPORTING TO: Service Manager
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $xxxxx base
- Is dispatched to customer facility by Service Manager. Travel includes driving company vehicle, or in a customer supplied boat or helicopter.
- Meets with customer to determine equipment malfunction. Troubleshoots equipment to attempt to determine malfunction either by operation or visual inspection.
- Dismantles equipment as necessary to make repairs. Inspects parts for wear or damage and replaces as necessary. May call shop for additional parts to be delivered.
- Re-starts equipment to insure proper functioning.
- Completes appropriate paperwork, obtains customer signature and returns to shop. Turns paperwork into supervisor for billing purposes in a timely manner.
- Works in shop when work load dictates.
- May perform start-up or inspection services on new engine or equipment.
- Attends company or factory sponsored schools as assigned to upgrade skills. May also attend customer orientation programs as well as safety and water/helicopter survival schools.
- May give customer field supervisor an approximate estimate of labor and material for repairs before work is begun.
- Acts as the company’s representative at the customer’s facility and works to promote the company’s image and best interests with the customer by his appearance, attitude, performance and professionalism.
- Must supply own tools in accordance with published list.
- Routinely spends extended lengths of time on job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
Experience: 5 years Experience on Industrial Engine Packages
Physical: Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds. Extended standing, bending, stooping, kneeling. Must be able to travel offshore by helicopter or crewboat or to land customer locations.
Ability to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs, usually at a customer location.
Must be able to perform routine interval maintenance and overhauls.
Ability to communicate and interface with customer personnel.
Will be on 24/7 standby.
Willing to work offshore in GOM as well as onshore at customer locations.
5 - 7 years field service as an industrial engine mechanic.
Waukesha, Catepillar, Ariel, and all other high speed and low speed applications.
This position is located in Broussard, LA. View the Google Map in full screen.