Fabrication Assembler 3
Manufacturing and Operations
. The overall objective of the Fabrication Assembler, 2nd class position is to engage in all activities concerned with assembling the structural parts of our products and ensure that jobs are completed and shipped as scheduled while meeting our quality standards.
- Support the effort of being a best-in-class manufacturer through the fabrication of high quality products that exceed our clients’ expectations by assembling fabricated parts materials as needed for the fabrication of Point Eight Power products.
- This includes the following tasks:
- Coordinate with the Assembly Foreman or the 1st Class Assemblers to locate and review drawings and parts lists in order to assemble and bolt together parts using the proper hardware. Work with 1st
- Install and properly align doors, covers, hinges, latches, and gaskets etc., according to client specifications.
- Apply knowledge of materials and parts to ensure that shop supplies, standard parts, hardware are on hand to meet seamless production demands.
- Exhibit and apply knowledge of NEMA rating for inside/outside environment conditions.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work area.
- Coordinate with the 1st Class Assemblers and the Assembly Foreman to document any engineering or fabrication problems that may cause project delays or effect quality, enabling problem resolution and the delivery of best in class quality.
- Contribute new ideas to supervisors in order to drive continuous improvements.
- 2 - 5 years of fabrication and manufacturing experience, preferred.
This position is located at 1510 Engineers Road, Belle Chasse, LA. View the Google Map in full screen.