Manufacturing and Operations
The overall objective this position is ensure the accurate and timely processing, formulating, and completion of all quotations.
- Create and grow customer/client relationships through developing accurate quotation letters that presents Point Eight Power's technical & commercial proposals and any exclusions or clarifications.
- Analyze client data and effectively communicate with account managers, engineers and vendors to conceptually design equipment and develop a strategic estimate, ensuring that the final job remains within budget and meets the client’s needs.
- Facilitate a healthy flow of revenue through the management of project timelines by organizing projects within the Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and project folders, and effectively communicating with other departments to maintain optimal manufacturing backlog.
- Streamline estimating processes by assisting in the development of pricing guides and utilizing vendor/purchasing department feedback to make estimates more effective, timely to produce, and highly competitive while maintaining sustainable margins.
- Generate accurate cost estimates using available resources, innovative skills, practical and technical knowledge to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics and electrical equipment specifications to develop the Bill of Materials.
- Document and develop specifications, drawings, Bill of Materials, take-offs, and proposals according to Point Eight Power guidelines to ensure quality of our products and services.
- Intrapersonal Skills: Self-motivated and able to identify, examine, and resolve issues independently from others, however, understands when to ask for assistance. Holds a strong regard for guidelines, procedures and integrity.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills: This position requires intermediate skills with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Mathematics: This position requires intermediate math skills (i.e. calculate figures/discounts, proportions, kilowatts, amps, etc.).
- Electrical Design Skills: This position requires the ability to interpret electrical one-line drawings, client specifications and industry standards to select the required types, sizes, ratings and quantities of the material to be included in the equipment offered.
- Computers and Electronics: Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming such as Microsoft Office Business Suite Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Acrobat software, knowledge of Saleslogix or other Client Relations Management software, and accounting software.
- 5 years of experience in designing or estimating low voltage and medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, control panels or power control buildings, required.
- 4 years of experience working in power generation, utilities, oil/gas, marine or energy industries, preferred.
This position is located at 1510 Engineers Road, Belle Chasse, LA. View the Google Map in full screen.