Manufacturing and Operations
The overall objective of this position is to create accurate and efficient CNC programs, as required by the mechanical and/or bus designs, needed for the punch equipment.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Importing part geometry files into CNC programming software from models developed by the mechanical and bus designers.
- Processing part files to verify geometry and apply sequential punch tooling.
- Optimize sheet layout to minimize material usage
- Provide structure punch list documents for task and CNC programs
- Assist punch operators with programs developed
- Importing electrical AutoCAD device mounting geometry and merging it with part geometry files
- Interact with other department’s personnel to develop optimum output.
- Other duties as required by Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Good verbal communication skills. Team focused.
Intrapersonal Skills: Detailed oriented individual. Capable of organizing and planning output with minimal guidance. Ability to translate work details to others. Capable of understanding the relationship of their outputs and the effect on other departments ensuring efficient process.
Working knowledge of Fabrication Shop Processes: punching, forming, welding, fastening. Minimum of 3 years sheetmetal fabrication and/or programming experience.
This position is located at 1510 Engineers Road, Belle Chasse, LA. View the Google Map in full screen.