International Sourcing Manager
Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions, LLC, a Yum! Brands Co-op, is currently seeking a Sourcing Manager, Food and Packaging, to join the International Team in Plano, TX.
This position acts as the central point of contact for all Yum! International restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell) interested in purchasing goods manufactured in the United States. Supply management may include food and packaging items.
This person is responsible for sourcing, managing, and coordinating the supply of imported food goods directly from International suppliers through U.S. importers.
Manage the imported foods category for U.S. domestic Yum! Brands
- Conduct Requests for Proposals (RFP) and lead cross functional teams during negotiations
- Develop adequate contingency plans for all items
- Manage contract terms
- Ensure supply with distribution partners
- Track supply to identify issues associated with long lead times and International shipping
- Identify potential new suppliers
- Work closely with QA to manage product issues and approve new suppliers
Facilitate ingredient supply and pricing for International markets interested in sourcing from the U.S.
- Identify suppliers/distributors based on product specs and sourcing requirements.
- Obtain ingredient information for pricing, quantities and availability.
- Facilitate ingredient samples if needed.
- Secure product availability and communicate accordingly.
Ensure uninterrupted supply of RSCS sourced F&P export items at lowest cost possible
- Work closely with RSCS buyers and program managers to ensure lowest cost possible by leveraging domestic volumes and/or business relationships.
- Oversee supply and anticipate impact to International markets if domestic changes occur.
- Review cost bars to ensure U.S. negotiated prices are applied to unique International items.
- Notify International markets of price changes in a timely manner.
- Obtain buy-in from International markets and appropriate RSCS buyer(s).
- Act as the “problem solver” to deliver issue resolution and ensure on-time delivery of shipments.
Coordinate, communicate and monitor Distributor / Supplier export activities and engagement
- Monitor collection and timely payment of sourcing and program management fees.
- Follow-up with suppliers/distributors that are not remitting fees or export files in a timely manner.
- Educate new International suppliers of best practices.
Develop and expand export opportunities for U.S. F&P suppliers
- Design International sales programs with core U.S. suppliers.
- Assume leadership role when interfacing with International markets to facilitate access to U.S. F&P supply.
- Negotiate pricing on new products that will be supplied by U.S. producers.
- Provide both ongoing and emergency supply solutions to International markets from the U.S.
Execute Regional/Global sourcing events as requested by RSCS leadership and the Yum! Global Supply Chain Council
- Develop and execute RFP process.
- Analyze bids and lead conversations with negotiating teams.
- Lead negotiation discussions with suppliers.
- Award business in a manner that ensures supply to all markets.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years business experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Program Management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, prefer master’s or MBA.
- Prefer bi-lingual - fluent in English and Spanish both verbal and written required.
- Supply Chain/Purchasing experience is required and critical for this position. Prefer experience in International Supply Chain.
- Food procurement experience is preferred.
- Must have strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task simultaneously.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver results without daily supervision.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Communication skills must be culture savvy.
- Ability to garner trust and respect of all constituents while managing tight timelines in a dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change is crucial.
- High Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams and Outlook).
- Knowledge of global import/export regulations is required.
- Must be able to influence decisions and lead cohesive supply chain results.
- Position will require up to 10% Domestic and International travel.
This position is located in Plano, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.