Inside Salesperson 1(1107-0010380)
This job is in the Inside Sales job family (Department), which covers positions the duties of which are to perform or supervise work involved in promoting and maintaining sales by originating and developing leads and performing sales remotely, over the phone or email. This job family also includes positions providing customer service and serving as customer service points of contact as well as marketing positions responsible for collection, analysis and dissemination of information on movement, demand, prices, marketing trends, and other facts relating to the marketing of Reliance products.
- Responsible for selling products for distribution to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, or showroom.
- Serves as the primary contact for customers, maintains customer relationships and addresses all issues with assigned customer base.
- Manages assigned customer accounts and builds customer relationships to continue to grow business opportunities with the customer.
- Assesses and maximizes the buying potential, profitability and product/service requirements of customers through creation of a sales strategy and action plan.
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to identify leads and increase the sales of products and services.
- Partners with customers within assigned territories to proactively identify long and short term needs and provide mutually beneficial solutions for products and/or services.
- Maintains customer records using appropriate automated systems.
- Schedules and performs cold calls and calls to existing customers in assigned territory.
- Highlights product features based on a technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Answers customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Develops/maintains effective relationships with customers, providing customer service and complaint resolution.
- Regularly inquires and monitors customer satisfaction in regards to quality of products, services and deliveries.
- Promotes feedback mechanisms for customers to influence the continuous improvement of operations and/or production and makes recommendations for potential product enhancements or modifications to increase sales.
- Develops or enters formal quotations into appropriate system or format and provides them to customers.
- Negotiates certain pricing and/or agreements, following established guidelines and/or approvals.
- Follows up with all quotes in a timely manner and according to policy.
- Facilitates execution of accepted agreements, coordinating with operations to ensure all terms are followed.
- Acquires and regularly updates general knowledge of the metals industry, including potential customers and competitors, as well as business trends through trade association events and industry publications.
- Continually upgrades and maintains working knowledge of company products, services, equipment, programs and corporate policies & procedures to successfully communicate and sell to new and existing accounts.
- Interacts with other members of the sales and operations team to assist in penetrating specific territory or market to increase sales levels and contractual opportunities.
- Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective processing and distribution of material required.
- Knowledge of company product(s) and their uses required.
- Knowledge of the metals industry required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly a strong virtual presence and listening skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, multiplication, ratios and proportions to practical situations required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and customers required.
- Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications required.
This position is located at 2000 N 170th E Avenue, Tulsa, OK. View the Google Map in full screen.