Plant / Warehouse Operations
Salt Lake City, UT•
Responsible for formulating and carrying out a loading plan to load Company trailers in accordance with driver’s (Local or OTR) pre-specified route. Must have truck driving skills in order to move truck from department to department (especially backing skills).
Essential Job Functions
- Safe operation of tractor pulling flatbed trailer on Company property especially backing up truck in order to move truck from department to department.
- Formulate a workable loading plan which will allow the truck to be loaded considering the following variables:
- Material size
- Material shape
- Material weight o Driver stop/unloading sequence
- DOT regulations
- Accurately checks to ensure both proper material and proper quantities of material is sent to the truck by warehouse personnel. This is done through the proper use of:
- Tape measures o Calipers o Yard Scales o Verification of item descriptions on work copies
- Positions material correctly on trailer.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must follow all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Non-essential Job Functions
- Maintains good housekeeping in assigned work area.
- 30% Bending, stooping and squatting
- 20% Sitting
- 15% Walking on uneven surface
- 10% Climbing in and out of truck cab (3 steps) and up/down from flatbed trailer (5-7 step ladder)
- 10% Pushing / pulling up to 100 lbs
- 5% Lifting up to 50 lbs
- 2% Walking on flat surface
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 1-2 years relevant experience required.
- Must be able to occasionally use clutch.
Warehouse/Field setting; minimal temperature environment
Travel : Not Applicable
FLSA : Non-Exempt
This position is located at 450 N. Billy Mitchell Road, Salt Lake City, UT. View the Google Map in full screen.