Laser Operator 1 (90-0010348)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
- Responsible for performing advanced production activities on variety of laser machines.
- Reviews blue prints, work orders, tooling instructions or other written specifications.
- Chooses correct material for the job according to work order.
- Sets up laser cutting unit for safe operation by selecting appropriate nozzles, and setting speeds and feeds.
- Determines processing specifications such as materials, forms, sizes, surface conditions, material defects dimensions, tolerances and operational sequences.
- Positions work pieces for processing (may operate a combination of different machines).
- Operates laser machines during processing as required based on work load or business needs.
- Adjusts controls to set cutting speed, depth and feed rates.
- Measures and examines pieces using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, scales and squares to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Performs quality control inspections on finished product; for ISO-certified locations, performs In Process Quality Inspections.
- Cleans equipment according to designated maintenance procedures.
- Diagnoses problems and makes necessary adjustments and removes scrap from machine.
- Coordinates and executes material handling.
- Completes work order paperwork/documentation.
- Restocks material.
- May mark identification on material/work pieces before processing.
- May mark material after processing and store material for additional processing and/or shipping.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to pass a respirator fitness test, if required.
- Warehousing and material handling experience preferred.
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting laser machines preferred.
- Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
- Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions required.
- Basic computer proficiency and working knowledge of software applications required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and co-workers required.
Warehouse/Field setting; minimal temperature environment
Travel : Up to 10%
FLSA : Non-Exempt
This position is located at 155 E Landstreet Road, Orlando, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.