Shipping Clerk 1 (12-0010291)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Delivery family (Department), which includes positions the duties of which are to administer, supervise, or perform work involving the planning, directing, or operating of transportation equipment and service, including positions involving responsibility for driving, loading, and coordinating delivery.
- Generally responsible for completing basic, routine tasks with detailed instructions.
- Responsible for providing clerical and warehouse material handling support.
- Assists with scheduling outgoing shipments according to order delivery dates.
- Assists with preparing accurate bills of lading and packing slips.
- Takes appropriate action as directed to resolve various discrepancies identified by shipping reports.
- Expedites orders and shipments.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers by assisting with inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Processes and completes pull tickets and work orders.
- Scans orders and documents.
- As needed, performs the duties of a warehouse shipper, including packaging and wrapping material for shipments using scales and strapping equipment.
- Additionally, moves material and helps load/unload trucks using powered industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts and side loaders.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Warehouse experience and/or experience operating cranes, forklifts and side loaders preferred.
- Basic knowledge of laws and government regulations and/or agency rules pertaining to interstate transportation required.
- Basic knowledge of the electronic logging device (ELD) required.
- Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology required.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic required.
- Efficient, well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations) required.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and computers programmed with software to record, store, and report information required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers as well as internal/external customers required.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards required.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This position is located at 1801 Eighth St. N.W., Albuquerque, NM. View the Google Map in full screen.