Manager Inside Sales 1 (92-0010328)
This job is in the Inside Sales job family (Department), which covers positions the duties of which are to perform or supervise work involved in promoting and maintaining sales by originating and developing leads and performing sales remotely, over the phone or email. This job family also includes positions providing customer service and serving as customer service points of contact as well as marketing positions responsible for collection, analysis and dissemination of information on movement, demand, prices, marketing trends, and other facts relating to the marketing of Reliance products.
- Responsible for managing sales and marketing activities of the organization and overseeing the daily activities of inside sales personnel.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the inside sales organization.
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories and goals.
- Assigns sales territory and accounts to outside sales personnel.
- Develops goals for sales representatives and established account representation for sales territories.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Monitors sales team performance and communicates results to individuals and teams.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assists in promoting sales.
- Analyzes current market conditions and trends to determine pricing levels needed to achieve sales/profit goals and forecasts.
- Serves as liaison between sales and other sales related organizations, including but not limited to Purchasing, Operations, Management, etc.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume.
- Assists management in preparation of annual sales report.
- Develops and promotes feedback mechanisms for customers to influence the continuous improvement of operations and/or production.
- Participates in developing production goals, objectives, and systems, and recommends necessary changes.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors a team of inside sales professionals while managing resource allocation and staffing.
- Assists with inventory management and developing inventory levels based on current market forecasts.
- Oversees customer rejections and complaints until they are resolved.
- Assists with Outside Sales when necessary.
- Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective processing and distribution of material required.
- Knowledge of company product(s) and their uses required.
- Knowledge of the metals industry required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and customers required. • Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications and/or reporting software required.
- 0-5 years of management experience or any equivalent combination of education and sales or relevant operations experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
This position is located at 2702 Cheek Road, Durham, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.