CAD Operator - Programmer
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities, and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
Performs the functions necessary to create drawings and convert customer drawings and sketches to AutoCAD format/Sigmanest.
1. Create drawings and convert customer drawings and sketches to AutoCAD format/Sigmanest
2. Use nesting software to produce programs for cutting and drilling machines
3. Manage customer drawing files to be compliant with ISO standards
4. Interact with Sales and Customers on a daily basis
The company may change these job requirements at any time and employees may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties at the direction of the supervisor. This job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment.
Experience and Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Preferred two-year Technical degree in an Engineering field
3. One year CAD on-the-job experience Sigmanest and AutoCAD
4. One year Cutting and Nesting Software Experience
5. Must be able to demonstrate ability to create simple and complex drawings
6. Much be able to demonstrate ability to read blueprints
7. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
8. Should be organized and have good time management skills
9. Communicate well with other workers and supervisors
- 2-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- AutoCad training and/or experience
This position is located at 155 E Landstreet Road, Orlando. View the Google Map in full screen.