Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Plant / Warehouse Operations
We are looking for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk/Material Handler to join our Durham NC operations team! The shipping & receiving clerk/material handler is responsible for receiving inbound material, filling orders for shipment, loading/unloading trucks, and performing clerical and data duties.
- SAFETY FIRST! Always perform work according to safety rules.
- Receive and ship material using a forklift, overhead crane, and scales.
- Inspect material using a tape measure, micrometers, and calipers.
- Receive incoming shipments and verify piece count, weight, and material type.
- Tag and mark material to ensure traceability and replenish inventory locations.
- Retrieve material from inventory according to work orders.
- Verify material pulled and prepare for shipment.
- Construct skids using power tools, tape measures, and banding equipment.
- Load/unload trucks using forklifts and cranes.
- Proofread packing slips, inspection reports, purchase orders, and material certifications.
- Process receiving, shipping, and inventory documents in the computer system.
- Review inventory reports and reconcile discrepancies.
- Report truck mileage and weights.
- Expedite orders and provide internal/external customer service.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience directly related to the duties of the position
- Forklift/warehouse experience
- General office and data entry experience
- Excellent data entry skills with a high level of accuracy.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook.
This position is located at 2702 Cheek Road, Durham. View the Google Map in full screen.