Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for performing advanced production activities on a variety of machines to produce precision parts and instruments.
- Reviews blueprints, work orders, tooling instructions, or other written specifications to understand the machining characteristics of various metals.
- Chooses correct material for the job according to a work order.
- Determines processing specifications such as materials, forms, sizes, surface conditions, material defects dimensions, tolerances, and operational sequences.
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials onto machines.
- Selects and monitors speed feeds, and controls and determines operation sequence for various materials and operating conditions.
- Machines and modifies parts used to repair tools or machines per specifications using tools such as lathes, milling machines, etc.
- Fabricates, modifies, and/or repairs mechanical instruments.
- Creates complicated or irregularly shaped parts or sections per established drawings, requiring careful blocking and clamping to avoid springing or distortion.
- Positions workpieces for processing (may operate a combination of different machines).
- Operates a variety of machines during processing as required based on workload or business needs.
- Measures and examines pieces using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, scales, and squares to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Performs quality control inspections on the finished product; for ISO-certified locations, performs In-Process Quality Inspections.
- Cleans equipment according to designated maintenance procedures.
- Diagnoses problems and makes necessary adjustments and removes scrap from the machine.
- Coordinates and executes material handling.
- Completes work order paperwork/documentation.
- Restocks material.
- May mark identification on material/workpieces before processing.
- May mark material after processing and store material for additional processing and/or shipping.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Warehousing and material handling experience preferred.
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting metalworking machines preferred.
- Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
- Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions required.
- Basic computer proficiency required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and co-workers required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stand and Sit
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position)
- Pushing or pulling
- Repetitive motion
- Warehouse/Field setting, minimal temperature environment
This position is located at 900 Route 910, Indianola, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.