Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating daily operations for a functional area that may include multiple departments or areas within the organization.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and process sequences to meet production and safety goals.
- Routinely inspects production areas and monitors worker activities to proactively address safety risks and operational standards.
- Analyzes specifications, blueprints, work orders, inventory/production control reports to determine production requirements and schedules.
- Makes decisions or recommendations regarding labor needs.
- Troubleshoots production issues, assists staff with questions and serves as a technical resource for staff.
- Assists with review of performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Utilizes inventory models, schedules, spreadsheets and reports to analyze inventory performance and forecasts.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Recommends changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Coordinates operations and activities within or between departments or areas.
- Explains and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Ensures staff have the information needed to do their job and follows up in a timely manner, as needed.
- Effectively leads group meetings with staff.
- Assists in the hiring process and/or makes recommendations.
- Ensures that staff are fully trained for the job they are performing.
- Motivates, mentors, trains, and develops staff.
- Prepares and conducts constructive and timely performance feedback for staff development.
- Addresses staff situations appropriately, when required.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 0-5 years of supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education and relevant operations experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and machine capability, material handling, cost, inventory and quality management, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods required.
- Knowledge of company product(s) and their uses required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers as well as internal/external customers required.
- Basic computer proficiency and working knowledge of software applications required.
This position is located at N115 W18945 Edison Drive, Germantown, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.