Maintenance Supervisor - 1st Shift
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating day to day equipment and facility maintenance, supervising staff, ensuring appropriate training, understanding of processes, performance of duties and issues resolution.
- Assures preventive maintenance and repairs to production equipment conform with operational standards and are coordinated with production schedules to prevent productions delays.
- Determines and sets schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel that result in minimum equipment down-time.
- Monitors employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Monitors tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Assists in investigations of accidents and injuries, and prepares reports of findings.
- Recommends and implements maintenance policies and procedures.
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities, and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Schedules outside contractors to perform major repairs and monitors work performed by outside contractors.
- Interacts with vendors and/or contractors to purchase maintenance and operations.
- May occasionally perform maintenance and repair duties.
- Compiles operational records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and/or test results.
- Ensures staff have the information needed to do their job and follows up in a timely manner, as needed.
- Effectively leads group meetings with staff.
- Assists in the hiring process and/or makes recommendations.
- Ensures that staff are fully trained for the job they are performing.
- Motivates, mentors, trains, and develops staff.
- Prepares and conducts constructive and timely performance feedback for staff development.
- Addresses staff situations appropriately, when required.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 0-5 years of relevant supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High School diploma/GED required, Vocational/Trade School Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of hands on maintenance experience in an industrial environment required.
- Fundamental knowledge in hydraulics, electrical and mechanical principles required.
- Expert knowledge of electro mechanical systems, troubleshooting and equipment repair required.
- Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions required.
- Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively. required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers as well as internal customers and vendors required.
- Basic computer proficiency and working knowledge of software applications required.
This position is located at 11200 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.