Plant / Warehouse Operations
Metals USA – Lynch Metals is seeking Machine Operators in Union, NJ. Metals USA is a solid, growth-oriented aluminum/stainless steel distribution center servicing the defense, aerospace, and fabrication industries.
- Understands work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference plan, locations of surfaces, machining parameters and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets up machine with proper program, tools and materials for specified parts. Operates CNC machine with proper program, tools and material for the specified part.
- Programs lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculates requirements to include basic math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Prepares a test run to check if machine produces parts according to specifications; verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run and sample work pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes and adjusting programming controls as needed.
- Completes production paperwork, follows shop system standards, and inspects & measures finished products for accuracy.
If interested, please forward your resume directly to: VLOWDER@metalsusa.com
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus upward mobility & professional growth. EOE, Affirmative Action Employer/ M/F/D/V
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Two-year technical degree and/or apprenticeship
- Must have mechanical aptitude & excellent math skills
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, documents, and blueprints.
- Ability to read measuring instruments such as measuring tapes, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gauges
- Computer Literacy with understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
This position is located at 1061 Lousons Road, Union, NJ. View the Google Map in full screen.