Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Plant / Warehouse Operations
Metals USA is seeking experienced & proficient machine operators in Seekonk MA (Providence RI Suburb). Metals USA is a solid, growth oriented, carbon steel (plate, beam and tube) distribution center servicing the defense, commercial, construction, aerospace and fabrication industries.
- Sets up burning machine, selects proper burning tip, sets gas flow and machine feed rates, location of cutting, lines dimensions, tolerances, operational sequences and uses gauges, calipers, squares, rulers for measurement.
- Sets up and aligns specified material or other fixtures in machine bed using gauges, templates, shims or hand tools.
- Chooses correct material for the job according to work order. Inspects plates for thickness, length, width, heat number, grade specification and color code.
- Coordinates and executes material handling to be processed including operation of overhead crane.
- Reviews CAD drawings, work orders, tooling instructions or other written specifications.
- Performs quality control inspections on finished product; for ISO-certification.
- Stacks, bands and palletizes finished products for shipment.
- Performs the duties of a warehouse worker to include operating a forklift & overhead crane.
- High School/Technical School Graduate with basic English reading & writing comprehension
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate & convert decimals and fractions
- Basic measuring skills to read English & Metric systems and a tape measure, caliper or micrometer.
- Experience of operating an overhead crane, forklift, hand tools and common shop machinery
- Valid OSHA Forklift & Overhead Crane Certificates preferred
If interested, please forward your resume to: LWHITE@metalsusa.com
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus upward mobility professional growth. EOE, Affirmative Action Employer/ M/F/D/V
This position is located at 10 Tower Road, Seekonk, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.