Warehouse Material Handler 2 (228-1)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for moving inventory or equipment, filling customer orders, pulling material from racks, unloading incoming material, loading trucks and/or customer vehicles, & helping maintain the upkeep of the warehouse.
- Receives, places/returns items into stock inventory locations.
- Pulls and assembles orders based on reviewing work/shipping orders or other documentation.
- Tags material for proper identification and completes all required documentation.
- Moves material from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas using forklift, side loader, or crane.
- Operates truck for the purpose of loading and unloading trailers.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Sorts and places material on rack, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, or product code.
- Spot checks on inventory, completes daily and/or ad hoc checks for proper tagging of material, as directed.
- Reports any irregularities to supervisor for direction.
- Restocks material.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 1 years of relevant experience within related fields such as warehousing and material handling required.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must possess a Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to obtain a certification to operate all required motorized material handling and rigging equipment.
- Clear oral and written communication skills, particularly legible handwriting required.
- Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
- Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and co-workers required.
This position is located at 16440 NE Mason Street, Portland, OR. View the Google Map in full screen.