Credit Clerk 2 (313-0010192)
This job is in the Credit family (Department), which includes positions the duties of which are to direct or perform analytical and evaluative work which requires knowledge of (1) credit risk factors and lending principles involved in extensions of credit; (2) financial structures and practices of business organizations concerned with extension of credit; and (3) pertinent statutory, regulatory, and administrative provisions.
• Responsible for independently supporting billing and daily customer cash application processes in compliance with all credit and company policies.
• Reconciles the daily cash deposits (lockbox account, mail and walk-in).
• Processes credit applications for new and existing accounts.
• Calls banks, trade and credit associates, salespeople and others to obtain credit information and escalates as appropriate for credit limit decisions.
• Completes credit reference requests.
• Makes daily collection calls, based on file reviews, as required.
• Resolves customer issues such as short pays, disputed invoice issues, claims, delinquent accounts, bad checks, etc.
• Reviews delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible and escalates as appropriate to ensure maximum collection efforts are taken.
• Processes month end A/R adjustments.
• Generates and disseminates month-end A/R statements where appropriate.
• Files credit reports, credit applications, etc. and maintains customer files, ensuring appropriate reviews are performed in accordance with credit policy.
• Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
• Prepares documents/records for review, duplication, and distribution as appropriate.
• Researches of discrepancies and/or supporting documentation as appropriate.
• Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
• All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
• High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor degree preferred.
• Broad knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology required.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar required.
• Knowledge of arithmetic required.
• Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations) required.
• Operating computers programmed with various software to record, store, and analyze information required.
• Operating 10-key calculators and/or office equipment to perform calculations and produce documents required.
• Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications (particularly Microsoft Excel and Word) required.
• Efficient, well organized and detail oriented.
Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers as well as internal/external customers required.
• 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in credit and collections in a commercial environment, including cash application required.
This position is located at 55 Pent Highway, Wallingford, CT. View the Google Map in full screen.