Equipment Maintenance Technician 2 (313-0010190)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
• Responsible for providing daily support of onsite operational and maintenance issues involving installation, troubleshooting and repair of facilities infrastructure as well as production and material handling equipment.
• Performs routine diagnostic tests, evaluates equipment performance, cleans and lubricates machinery and performs minor maintenance and repairs.
• Assembles, installs, repairs and maintains wiring, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and vacuum tube systems.
• Dismantles equipment and removes parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
• Reassembles of equipment after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
• Starts up equipment and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
• Inspects damaged equipment parts, and marks defective areas or advises supervisor of repair needs.
• Installs and replaces machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
• Conducts preventative maintenance programs to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment.
• Safely operates motorized repair and material handling equipment.
• Records production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
• Reads maintenance repair work orders and specifications to determine machine and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
• Orders, tracks and inventories parts.
• Collaborates with other workers to move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
• Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
• May occasionally drive company motor vehicle (non-DOT) for local pick-up, when required.
• All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
• High School diploma/GED preferred.
• Valid Drivers License preferred.
• Must be able to obtain a certification to operate all required motorized material handling and rigging equipment.
• Tradeschool certification in electrical, HVAC and/or plumbing required.
• Technical aptitude and broad knowledge of mechanics required.
• Broad knowledge of electro mechanical systems, troubleshooting and equipment repair required.
• Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
• Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
• Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions required.
• Basic computer proficiency and working knowledge of software applications required.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, internal customers and/or vendors required.
• 5 – 10 years of relevant experience troubleshooting and repairing electro mechanical equipment as well as maintenance experience within an industrial environment required.
This position is located at 55 Pent Highway, Wallingford, CT. View the Google Map in full screen.