IT Support (0010188)
This is an Entry Level IT Support position that will provide front-line support to our organization as issues are identified via in-person requests, email, phone, or our ticketing system. You will identify the technical issues, resolve the problem, or escalate as appropriate. A well‐rounded technical generalist will thrive in this position. You will need to have a strong technical aptitude, be extremely responsive to co-worker’s needs, and work well in a team. Most of all, you need to bring a genuine enthusiasm for what technology can do for people.
- Set up, configure, and troubleshoot computers, printers, cell phones, cabling, and other computing devices
- Maintain and asset tag Office and Plant computers and other equipment
- Provide local and remote end user support to multiple branch offices through in-person requests and our ticketing system
- Assist in the support of MS Office applications and other desktop software.
- Ability to learn ERP software and provide support and training to end users.
- Assist in the installation and documentation of network infrastructure including but not limited to firewalls, switches, routers, IP cameras, wireless access points, phone systems, IP phones, printers, industrial control hardware and software, etc.
- Work with remote resources to troubleshoot local network infrastructure
- Manage, maintain, and order toner inventory for printers
- Occasional travel to other Plant locations
- Must be able to transition between working in a dusty industrial environment and an office environment
- Must be able to perform other duties as requested
- Must be able to periodically lift heavy equipment
- Must be able to periodically work after hours and over weekends
- Competitive hourly compensation with incentive opportunity
- Excellent benefits package: Medical/Dental/Vision/AD&D/Disability
- 401(k) with company match.
- Infra-Metals Co. is a large subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in the business of processing and distributing structural steel.
- Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of Windows and iOS operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook
- Knowledge of networking concepts preferred
- Ability to respond quickly and successfully interact with co-workers in person, over the phone, and electronically
- Ability to work independently and with a team to provide exceptional end user support Education:
- A+, Network+, Security+ preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position is located at 1900 Bessemer Road, Petersburg, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.