Accounts Payable Clerk 1 (07-0010165)
Accounting and Finance
San Antoinio, TX•
This job is in the Accounting family, which includes positions the duties of which are to advise on, administer, supervise, or perform professional, technical, or related clerical work of an accounting, budget administration, related financial management, or similar nature.
- Generally responsible for completing basic, routine tasks with detailed instructions.
- Responsible for accurately and timely processing of routine accounts payable.
- Responsible for filing accounts payable related documents and maintaining their confidentiality and security.
- Prepares documents/records for review, duplication, and distribution as directed.
- Reviews invoices, receipts, employee expenses, vouchers, etc. for appropriate documentation, compliance and approval.
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper general ledger coding, following instructions provided. Reconciles and researches invoices with any discrepancies and lack of supporting documentation as directed.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Retrieves files and voucher packages as appropriate for audits, tax review, and accounting personnel.
- Processes and mails (when needed) payments following established company procedures.
- Assists in monthly closing by running month end reports.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with company policies, accounting procedures, and internal controls.
- Interfaces regularly with others within the department and accounting, clerical and operations personnel in other locations, departments and constituents outside the company.
- Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology required.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar required.
- Knowledge of arithmetic required.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations) required.
- Ability to use ERP software to record, store, and analyze information required.
- Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications (particularly, Microsoft Excel and Word) required.
- Operating 10-key calculators and/or office equipment to perform calculations and produce documents required.
- Efficient, well organized and detail oriented.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
This position is located at 5027 Space Center Drive, San Antoinio, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.