Driver (CDL, Non-Exempt) 1 (106-0010143)
Delivery / Transportation
This job is in the Delivery family (Department), which includes positions the duties of which are to administer or perform work involving the planning, directing, or operating of transportation equipment and service, including positions involving responsibility for driving, loading, and coordinating delivery.
- Responsible for operating commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating over 26,001 lbs. to deliver or pick up merchandise, materials, and equipment to assigned regional and/or local destination and/or customers in a timely fashion.
- May be responsible for driving (regularly or periodically) and performing other safety-affecting activities on motor vehicles weighing 10,000 pounds or less in transportation on public highways in interstate or foreign commerce, excluding passenger or hazardous materials transportation vehicles.
- Follows appropriate Federal, State and local traffic safety laws for transporting goods including securement of cargo for transport (may include use of tarps).
- Safely maneuvers trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Loads and unloads vehicles as required.
- Performs daily pre and post trip vehicle inspections (as defined by the FMCSA) to ensure that the trucks are roadworthy and that safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Records any inspection information or list of defects on the Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) as required by the FMCSA.
- Uses an electronic logging device (ELD) to log daily activities as required by the FMCSA.
- Reports traffic incidents, including, traffic accidents and violations, or damage to the vehicles to supervisory staff.
- Reads bills of lading and manifests to determine assignment details.
- Checks all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate and obtains receipts or signatures for delivered goods or collects payment for services when required.
- Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Class A) required.
- Successful completion of a road test required.
- Ability to meet company insurability standards required.
- Ability to meet FMCSA drug and alcohol clearinghouse requirements.
- Ability to meet all driver qualification requirements per Federal regulations (per 49 CFR part 391) required.
- Ability to meet current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) quality criteria as defined by Federal regulations and/or company policy required.
- No drug violations during the previous 5 years and proof of completion of a certified SAP program for violations over 5 years old required.
- Basic knowledge of laws and government regulations and/or agency rules pertaining to commercial vehicle operations required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
- Basic measurement and arithmetic skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and customers/vendors required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- 2 years of commercial driving experience with relevant cargo preferred.
This position is located at 601 N Main Street, East Peoria, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.