Parts Breakdown Material Handler (116-4)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
This job is in the Plant family (Department), which includes positions responsible for supervising or performing work metals processing and distribution work within the Reliance family of companies. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations and the materials, facilities and methods employed by Reliance companies in metals processing and distribution.
• Generally responsible for completing basic, routine tasks with detailed instructions.
• Responsible for breaking down parts after first-step fabrication.
• Checks processed parts for quality assurance.
• Responsible for stacking and loading processed parts onto skids for shipment or customer pickup.
• Tags material for proper identification and completes all required documentation.
• Moves material from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas using forklift, side loader, or crane.
• Operates yard truck for the purpose of moving parts.
• Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
• Sorts and places material on rack, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, or product code.
• Spot checks on inventory, completes daily and/or ad hoc checks for proper tagging of material, as directed.
• Reports any irregularities to supervisor for direction.
• Restocks material.
• May occasionally drive motor vehicle (non-DOT truck) for local deliveries and parts pick-ups.
• Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
• All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
• High School diploma/GED preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License preferred.
• Must be able to obtain a certification to operate all required motorized material handling and rigging equipment.
• Trade school certification in electrical, HVAC and/or plumbing preferred.
• 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
This position is located at 3900 Comotara, Wichita, KS. View the Google Map in full screen.