HR Risk and Compliance Manager
The Human Resources Risk and Compliance Manager is the subject matter expert in the areas of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA), Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other HR compliance-related matters. Working under the guidance of the TBD, in-house and outside counsel, this position will be responsible for the timely preparation of Affirmative Action Plans for Corporate, RTS, the BSC and Reliance Divisions and will provide assistance to Subsidiaries with their AAP requirements as needed. This role is also responsible for managing the relationship with our third-party compliance training vendor and ensuring that the Company’s Legal and HR compliance training programs are compliant with federal, state and/or local law and consistent with Company philosophy. The incumbent will work with LPOCs to ensure that appropriate audiences for each module are identified per established guidelines and training rolled out and completed in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures EEO/AA compliance: coordinates preparation and submission of EEO-1, CA Pay Data, and AAP reports annually.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Point of Contact and Administrator/Super-user for HireRight
- Point of Contact for GovDocs labor law poster compliance program
- Point of Contact for True Office Learning online compliance training programs
- Ensures compliance with FLSA; periodically performs audits to ensure positions are properly classified as exempt/non-exempt
- Provides training and support to field HR teams in the area of compliance
- Develops, implements, and evaluates company-wide and HR compliance policies, programs, and functions
- Act as main point of contact for HR regulatory compliance inquiries
- Interprets laws and policies and advises management accordingly on the best methods to use to stay in compliance
- Responsible for coordinating the accurate HR reporting activities to the appropriate regulatory authority
- Provides clear guidance for any regulatory changes with regard to any federal, state or local governing bodies
- Works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure appropriate controls are in place related to the HR function
- Works closely with HR Compliance Coordinator to manage/monitor Labor Law poster program to ensure that participating FOCs are compliant
- Works collaboratively with the Hiring Compliance Specialist and HR Compliance Coordinator on tracking/posting of open positions and monitoring of recruiting inbox for Reliance Corp and Divisions to ensure compliance with posting and applicant flow tracking requirements
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of the need for process improvement to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assists with preparation of responses to requests for records (e.g., subpoenas, Internal/External Audit, etc.)
- Assists with M&A activities as they relate to matters of compliance
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management
Location: Los Angeles, California. Houston, Texas or Phoenix, Arizona, with ability to commute/travel as needed to different locations.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance requirements under applicable EEO laws, EO 11246, FLSA, IRCA, etc. required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency with HRIS systems preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Track record of quickly forming trusted advisor partnerships with business leaders in order to provide day to day support on all employee management concerns, situations, and questions
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes, practices and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Able to work closely with inside/outside counsel and company management (Corporate and field) to identify proper course of action and resolve issues
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goals
- Ability to produce technical documentation such as HR compliance reports, HR metrics etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HR-related compliance matters required
- Multi-state, multi-unit experience preferred
This position is located at 350 S. Grand Ave. STE 5100, Los Angeles, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.