CDL Driver (07-8)
Delivery / Transportation
Dependable Class A CDL driver to safely transport metal goods and make accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Drive trucks with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 40,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit.
- Transport metal goods, sheets and bar, from the place of origin to assigned destination.
- Ensure contents are properly secured on the trailer before departure from origin or destinations.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. Safety Policy.
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries with clients.
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the bill of lading document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and report needed service for tractor or trailer to dispatch.
- Notify dispatch of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs using an E-log system.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Occasionally work in the plant as a helper if no route is available for you next day.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid Class A driver’s license required.
- MVR Record containing no incidents where there is an injury, fatality, or damage requiring any vehicle to be towed with individual was at fault; or any convictions for driving under the influence, reckless driving, or hit and run; or more than two convictions for any other moving violation within the most current 3 year period required.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test.
- Ability to meet all driver qualification requirements per Federal regulations (per 49 CFR part 391) required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful.
- High level of composure and good stress management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in work area and help maintain and promote safe conditions throughout the fleet team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all common units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions, as well as alternative solutions.
- Overall ability to understand the goals of the company (safety, efficiency, quality, etc.).
- Must be able to effectively use company database (E-Log).
- Must demonstrate conflict resolution, respect, integrity, ethics, punctuality, dependability, accuracy, safety, and teamwork while maintaining company values.
5 + years of commercial driving experience preferred.
This position is located at 5027 Space Center Drive, San Antoinio, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.