Burner Operator (83-5)
Plant / Warehouse Operations
Responsible for cutting material to meet customer requirements/specifications which are supplied to operator through internal work copies.
Essential Job Functions
- Selects steel per customer order.
- Measures material with tape measure and calipers to verify correct size of material.
- Uses color code to verify composition and/or thickness of material.
- Sets up burner for best quality of cut and efficiency of material use.
- Accurately cuts material per customer order.
- Accurately marks the material for shipment.
- Returns unused steel to stock.
- Marks all drops with heat numbers, other identifying numbers, and color codes to ensure the identity of the steel.
- Ensures needed repairs are made promptly.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must follow all safety rules, policies, and procedures.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Maintains good housekeeping in assigned work area.
- 75% Standing
- 25% Walking
- 10% Climbing
- 20% Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- 10% Pushing / pulling up to 50 lbs.
- 10% Carrying up to 50 lbs.
- 5% Bending
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position is located at 4040 Jordonia Station Road, Nashville, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.