Truck Driver (117-2)
Delivery / Transportation
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Responsible for delivering material to customer locations.
- Safe operation of tractor pulling flatbed trailer.
- Accurately checks to ensure both proper material and proper quantities of material is sent to the truck by warehouse personnel. This is done through the proper use of:
- Tape Measures
- Yard Scales
- Verification of item descriptions on work copies
- Drivers must be able to climb up and down from tractors and onto and off of trailers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely.
- Possess ability to frequently stand, bend, push, squat, and use pry bar in order to position material correctly on trailer.
- Must secure all loads (Chains, straps) according to DOT regulations.
- Must accurately maintain DOT log book.
- Assists in unloading material at customer, if required.
- Demonstrates ability and accepts responsibility to perform other duties assigned by supervision.
- 10% Bending, stooping, squatting: Unhook chains; guide and position material; count, check and measure material.
80% Sitting down to drive tractor trailer in warehouse and on company property. Must be able to occasionally use clutch.
- 10% Walking on uneven surface while trailer is being loaded.
- 10% Climbing into and out of truck cab (3 steps) and up and down from flatbed trailer (5-7 step ladder).
- 5% Pushing / pulling material weighing 50-100 pounds.
- 5% Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
This position is located at 7611 Port Road, Louisville, KY. View the Google Map in full screen.