Outside Salesperson (Req 12-9)
Job Family Description
This job is in the Outside Sales job family (Department), which includes positions the duties of which are to perform or supervise work involved in promoting and maintaining sales by originating and developing leads and performing sales on-site, face to face and in person.
Sales experience is a plus but we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Responsible for serving as the in-person customer contact and selling products and services by highlighting features/benefits, answering inquiries, resolving issues and facilitating completion of required documentation.
• Promotes the company, products and services through networking and creating rapport with customers via in-person sales calls and/or other channels.
• Selectively entertains customers, budgeting for account status, sales volume, profit and overall sales potential.
• Maintains reasonable entertainment budget and submits monthly expense reports following procedures.
• Acquires and regularly updates general knowledge of the metals industry, including potential customers and competitors, as well as business trends through trade association events and industry publications.
• Continually upgrades and maintains working knowledge of company products, services, equipment, programs and corporate policies & procedures to successfully communicate and sell to new and existing accounts.
• Partners with customers within assigned territories to proactively identify long and short term needs and provide mutually beneficial solutions for products and/or services.
• Interacts with other members of the sales and operations team to assist in penetrating specific territory or market to increase sales levels and contractual opportunities.
• Assesses and maximizes the buying potential, profitability and product/service requirements of customers through creation of a sales strategy and action plan.
• Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to identify leads and increase the sales of products and services.
• Maintains customer records using appropriate automated systems and prepares itineraries and call logs.
• Schedules and performs cold calls and calls to existing customers in assigned territory.
• Displays or demonstrates product using samples or catalogs.
• Highlights product features based on a technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Answers customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
• Develops/maintains effective relationships with customers, providing customer service and complaint resolution.
• Regularly inquires and monitors customer satisfaction in regards to quality of products, services and deliveries.
• Promotes feedback mechanisms for customers to influence the continuous improvement of operations and/or production and makes recommendations for potential product enhancements or modifications to increase sales.
• Develops or enters formal quotations into appropriate system or format and provides them to customers.
• Negotiates certain pricing and/or agreements, following established guidelines and/or approvals.
• Follows up with all quotes in a timely manner and according to policy.
• Facilitates execution of accepted agreements, coordinating with operations to ensure all terms are followed.
• Assists with Inside Sales when necessary.
• Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
• All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- Office setting; controlled temperature environment
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
• Must possess a Valid Drivers License and be able to meet company insurability standards.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service preferred.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective processing and distribution of material preferred.
• Understanding of company product(s) and their uses preferred.
• Knowledge of the metals industry a plus but not required.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public required.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly a strong virtual presence and listening skills required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
• Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and customers required.
• Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications required.
• 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred.
• High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor degree preferred.
This position is located at 1801 Eighth St. N.W., Albuquerque, NM. View the Google Map in full screen.