RRD has a great opportunity for a Composition Intern to join our team!
We are looking for candidates local to the Thurmont, MD area.
RRD is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel marketing and business communications.
We serve large, fragmented markets experiencing tremendous changes in the ways in which organizations communicate with their target audiences utilizing both print and digital channels.
We have an extensive customer base across industries in virtually every private and public sector, an unmatched portfolio of capabilities, a proven management team and the financial flexibility allowing investments in innovative technologies and growth opportunities to meet communications challenges.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide a supportive role in assisting the Message Docs team in maintaining and updating client communication documents.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze business requirements document problems, recommend solutions, and created personalized documents driven by customer data feeds.
- Support the developers by uploading templates, testing, entering messages & rules, etc. within the MessagePoint software.
- Ensure that all MD composition and design work is thoroughly tested before being deployed to production. All output proofs must be reviewed and go through a quality assurance process being delivered to our customers
- Contribute to customer workflow documentation by detailing what steps were used to implement our customer’s requests.
- Participate in IT team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Provide support to other employees and filling in as requested by management.
- Regular, reliable attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Windows.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Positive attitude and outstanding customer service orientation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills would be beneficial.
- The intern candidate should be a full-time student at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor or higher degree.
- Applicants with experience in document and graphic design, strong proof-reading skills, and strong general usage computer skills, would be a good fit for this position.
- While RR Donnelly using a mixture of proprietary software and industry specific software, experience or related coursework in the use software like the Adobe Suite, Quark Suite, Microsoft Office would be natural transition.
The national pay range for this role is $18 to $20/ hour. The pay range may be slightly lower or higher based on the geographic location of the hired employee. The actual pay offered may vary based upon, but not limited to: education, skills, experience, proficiency, performance, shift and location. In addition to base salary, depending on the role, the total compensation package may also include participation in a bonus, commission or incentive program. RRD offers benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance and other voluntary supplemental insurance coverages, plus tuition assistance, maternity leave, adoption assistance, and employer/partner discounts.