Stitcher Operator Apprentice
The Stitcher Apprentice Program will provide an accelerated training to qualified candidates.
- Trainees will learn how to perform a full range of standard and specialized stitching, collating and 3 sided trimming used to produce catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Trainees will also learn how to set up, run and maintain Stitchers and other auxiliary bindery equipment.
- Performs bindery operations such as folding, cutting, binding, stitching, trimming, affixing, and packing .
- Operates all bindery equipment, including folders, cutters, stitchers, affixers, tabbers, straight and knife folders
- Reviews completed jobs to verify conformance with the job ticket and plant standards for quality and consistency
- Set-up, maintain, and repair all equipment involved in bindery process
- Proof original job copy to sample to confirm accuracy of job specifications before job runs
- Maintains records of time, tasks, and number of pieces completed per job in proper database
- Prepares finished product by placing in boxes, mail trays, and on carts for delivery
- Read, review, and interpret instructions on sample board using key information for set up and operations, including trouble shooting and correction as necessary
- Verifies job components against sample board to codes and other key information and indicators
- Checks accuracy of paperwork pertaining to job, including counts, tray tags, box labels and samples.
- Understands, completes, and verifies all necessary paperwork for appropriate task/job as deemed necessary.
- Adhere to policies and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality, security, safety, and professional conduct.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend and follow PPE and safety procedures
- Basic Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to communicate/understand written as well as oral instructions
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to properly use and maintain bindery equipment and supplies
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and work area at all times
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize task
- Requires 1- 2 years of general work experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to high speed commercial equipment.
- Prior experience working in a commercial printing plant will be given advanced consideration.
- Reliability through attendance, punctuality and attention to work station
- Ability to read, interpret and adjust written instructions and analytical information.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer