Customer Experience Clerk- Graham
Customer Experience Clerk- Graham
Pierce County Library System
Pierce County Library System offers a compensation program which recognizes qualifications and experience relevant to each position. The starting pay is established typically within the hiring range below based upon the experience of the individual hired into the role. Our compensation package also includes annual increases for each additional year of experience and tenure in the role, up to the maximum (current year maximum outlined in pay grade range below). Eligibility for overtime is exclusive to positions which are FLSA status non-exempt below.
Hiring Range: $14.49 – $16.23 per hour
Pay Grade Range: $14.49 – $18.81 per hour
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Position Status: Regular
Union Status: Represented
Schedule: Monday & Tuesday- OFF; Wednesday & Thursday- 11:15am-6:15pm; Friday- 9am-3:30pm; Saturday- 8:45am-5:15pm; Sunday- 12:15-5:15pm. Schedule is subject to change.
Hours Per Week: 32
Candidate Submission Timelines:
TRANSFER Candidates: transfer eligible candidates internal to PCLS will be given first consideration for this position through the Transfer Closure date. Please review the StaffWeb Transfer Process Overview.
EXTERNAL OR NON-Transfer INTERNAL Candidates: To be considered for this position please submit your resume and up to 4 additional attachments to display your knowledge, skills and abilities for consideration for this position no later than 5:00 p.m. on closing date below.
Submissions after the Closure Date below will not be considered:
- Transfer Closure Date: June 23rd, 5 pm
- External or Non-Transfer Internal Candidates Closure Date: July 8th, 5pm
Provides high quality customer service for diverse customers of all ages at assigned library location(s). This position primarily performs library support tasks, processes materials, and assists in organizing and maintaining collections. May perform basic circulation activities, in person or on the phone; checks materials in and out, answers account questions, collects fee payments, answers or escalates general questions from customers. This is an entry-level position in the Customer Experience department in which routine work is performed under supervision.
Class specifications are intended to provide a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employee in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Processes, sorts, and checks in library materials and customer hold requests; identifies damaged items.
- Monitors and empties book drops; unloads book bins and/or daily deliveries.
- Organizes and shelves materials; performs shelf reading, merchandising, and straightening.
- Evaluates and performs routine cleaning and mending of collection materials.
- Assists in creating displays under the direction of appropriate personnel.
- Assists in organizing furniture and preparing materials for meetings and programs.
- Provides basic circulation assistance to customers, in person or on the phone; checks materials in and out, answers account questions, collects fee payments, answers or escalates general questions from customers.
- Communicates the Library’s policies and procedures, and addresses or assists in resolving customer concerns, incidents, and complaints, as appropriate and within the scope of the position summary and essential functions.
- Demonstrates punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
- Brings matters of public concern regarding waste, inefficiency, corruption, discrimination, and safety to the attention of Library Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
Reports to a Customer Experience Supervisor; no supervisory responsibility is exercised.
Core Skills & Qualities / Leadership Competencies
Employees are expected to demonstrate the following qualities at all times:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Change and Learning
- Positive Attitude
- Professional Integrity
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
Minimum Requirements including Education, License or Certifications:
- Six months experience in customer service, inventory or materials processing, or any combination of education and experience which allows successful performance of the job.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule and to adapt to schedule changes.
- Must pass criminal background screening prior to hire.
- Ability to effectively navigate basic electronic record creation and storage (e.g. timecard/HRIS, performance review, network drive storage)
- Use of basic office equipment (e.g. PC, printer, copier, phone, fax, mouse, security alarm)
- Basic keyboard and alpha/numeric data entry skills
- Basic PC navigation skills in a windows based environment; ability to connect to a device and print
- Ability to navigate, search and use basic web functions and applications
- Understand and follow basic technical instruction
- Basic MS Office Suite skills (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Integrated Library System, Inventory or Data Management system experience
- Ability to successfully complete Basic MOS Certification or Course
- Digital media, digital collections and ebooks knowledge
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is conducted in a normal office setting or library environment that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions and/or regular contact with public. When delivering service outside of PCLS locations, weather, physical, and environmental conditions will vary and work will adhere to additional PCLS safety protocols. Occasional light lifting, such as three to four reams of paper, four or five books, or other library materials up to 35 pounds may be required. Subject to sitting and standing for extended periods of time, talking, bending, reaching, and lifting objects weighing up to 30-35 pounds. May lift or push up to 50 pounds as needed. Must be able to lift and carry library materials and push/pull loaded carts.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
Work may be performed in a library environment and involve regular contact with the public, and/or require push/pull loaded carts.
The above position description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Medical, Dental, and Basic Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Long-Term Disability
- State Retirement System
- Employees have an opportunity to participate in the Tax Sheltered Annuity Program and the Deferred Compensation Program
- Additional life insurance for the employee and family is available through payroll deduction.
- Employee Assistance Program
This position is located at 9202 224th St E, Graham, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.