Solution Center Technician
The Solution Center Technician will provide a high quality, first and second level phone support for technology related issues along with desk side support for hardware and software related issues. S/He will provide guidance and support for hardware, software and application issues submitted by the customer.
- Acts as the initial telephone contact for all calls, emails and voicemails coming into the Solution Center and provide technical support.
- Provides 2nd level desk side support for hardware and software related issues.
- Supports the installation of hardware, software and SmartPhone support.
- Logs all calls into the problem management system and provide routine follow up for calls not closed on 1st
- Significantly contribute to team standard SLA’s including:
- Initial response time
- Abandonment rate
- 1st level closure
- Resolves all issues or escalate unresolved, complex or critical technical issues to the appropriate 3rd level support.
- Maintains ownership of issues ensuring service levels and customer satisfaction are met.
- Assesses Severity 1 calls and effectively implement crisis management procedures.
- Schedules warranty work with vendor for hardware issues throughout the organization.
- Identifies and documents the root cause analysis and resolution in the SC knowledgebase.
- Stays abreast of current technologies and products supported by the Solution Center along with new technology being introduced to our clients and environments.
- Ensures continuous communication throughout the Solution Center of trends, resolution of issues, and new processes or technologies that will benefit the team.
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with clients along with internal support staff such as 3rd level support teams, business partners and vendors.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research various options and alternatives including the ability to determine root cause and define resolutions.
- Ability to take ownership of issues from initiation through resolution.
- Demonstrate initiative to identify and implement improvements in issue management policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a related field or IT environment.
- Experience in customer support, help desk support, or hands on technical support of computing equipment.
- Understanding of multiple operating systems including Windows XP and Windows 7. Particular knowledge of desktops, laptops, printer, and PDA devices. Software knowledge in Microsoft Internet explorer and office 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Experience in minor issues related to office equipment, e. MFP’s, network printers, scanners, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred or 3-5 years of work experience in a related field or IT environment.
Salary Level = 19
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual helps people become stronger. Our expertly crafted life insurance is vital to long-term financial health and strengthens people’s ability to enjoy every day. Working with our trusted network of financial professionals, we take the long view, building customized solutions for individuals, their families, and their businesses. Penn Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary, Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC.