Part-time Faculty - Master of Fine Arts in Screen Acting Program
The School of Theatre at Oklahoma City University seeks outstanding part-time faculty with significant teaching experience for courses in the Master of Fine Arts in Screen Acting Program at the Los Angeles (Culver City) campus.
The candidate should have experience teaching courses in acting for the screen relevant to the MFA curriculum as described on the website: https://www.okcu.edu/theatre/mfa-screen-acting/ All positions require a minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent extensive professional experience.
- Conduct classes ensuring a quality learning experience for enrolled students
- Evaluate student learning, skills, and abilities; and maintain records of such evaluations
- Maintain records of enrollment, attendance, assessments, and grades; submit rosters and grades by university deadlines
- Be available for student consultation through office hours or scheduled appointment
- Report to the Dean or assigned School of Theatre administrator, and collaborate with faculty and staff as needed
- Adhere to all policies within the Oklahoma City University Faculty Handbook
- Support the mission and core values of the institution
- The work requirements for this position include teaching during daytime and/or evening hours depending upon the needs of the department and its students. All classes are held on the Los Angeles campus (Culver City).
- Adjunct positions at Oklahoma City University are part-time teaching roles.
- The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. If considered for an adjunct position, official transcripts will be required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you attended and you will be required to complete the OCU faculty application.