Supplemental - Food Service - Back of the House Lead (Includes $500 Sign-On Bonus!)
POSITION TITLE: Supplemental - Food Service - Back of House
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: $18.00/hour plus $500 bonus (see compensation section below for more information)
Assist the Executive Chef with the supervision and preparation of food items required for all food service areas. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS and/or REGISTRATIONS
- 18 years or older
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following:
- Assists the Executive Chef with the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Operates food production equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service.
- Assists with food production and the preparation of food items for service.
- Prepares or directly oversees the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Assists the Executive Chef with food inventory.
- Assures quality and sanitation standards are followed by all kitchen staff.
- Assists in the end of day cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Assists with the training and on boarding of new kitchen staff.
- Consults with the event supervisors on daily food service operations.
- Produces weekly staff schedule and food orders in absence of Executive Chef.
- Assumes Closing Manager and/or Manager on Duty responsibilities when assigned.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Additional related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position is located at 1701 E. Front Street, Traverse City, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.