Solutions Analyst I (Hybrid)
Research & Information Services (RIS): The mission of RIS is three-fold: (1) to provide objective information and analysis on the development of the region for use in the area planning and economic development activities; (2) to support the information service needs of NCTCOG; and (3) to assist local governments in the implementation of information technology. Join our team! The RIS team believes in always doing the right thing and treating people with respect. Work in a place where your team values you.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Research & Information Systems (RIS) department is seeking an experienced Administrator / Developer for our Microsoft 365 environment. In this role, you will develop, administer, and maintain the agency’s Microsoft 365 / Office 365 platform. The ideal candidate will have superior skills and experience in cloud technologies, migrating to cloud environments, and developing/implementing solutions using the M365 / O365 platform.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, document, test, and support customized digital workspaces based on the Microsoft 365, Power Platform / Dynamics 365, and SharePoint ecosystem, including Power Apps, Power Automate and integrations.
- Provide technical, analytical support, and expertise to continue the development and enhancement of fully operational SharePoint sites.
- Serve as technical contact and lead for SharePoint Online (SPO) and Dynamics 365 services.
- Provide support and training to end-users in maintaining their various web pages and assisting site owners with site development and maintenance.
- Facilitate meetings with customer stakeholders and business partners.
- Perform basic project management activities (define scope, requirements, project plan…) related to the delivery of solutions.
- Works closely with, and mentors, SharePoint team members to ensure knowledge sharing and effective solution development
- Experience developing solutions for SharePoint Online and Dynamics 365.
- Extensive workflow development using Power Automate.
- Have direct experience migrating from file shares to O365 SharePoint online.
- Experience working with end-users in developing, maintaining, and updating the content of SharePoint sites including migration of Classic to Modern pages.
- Technical knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform / Dynamics 365 with a strong interest in learning more.
- Experience in the analysis of IT and business issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer focus skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Functional knowledge of licensing requirements for Microsoft 365 products.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Functional knowledge of Office 365 components, hybrid configurations, and best practices.
- Experience managing and securing OneDrive for Business.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in configuring and managing cloud environments.
- Ability to train end-users on how to use Office 365 / Dynamics 365 products.
- Ability to evaluate business needs and identify solutions.
- Ability to develop and execute a change management plan.
- Associate's degree in a technology-related field. Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement may be considered if they have 3 total years of relevant work experience.
- 1–3 years of related work experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience with MS Power Platform / Dynamics 365 / SharePoint development, governance, and administration preferred.
- $56,000.00 - $73,000.00 - depends on qualifications, skills, & experience
- Health - We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement - Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through ICMA by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance - At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You'll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development - We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential. Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
- Flexible work schedules
- Hybrid Officing - Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements, hybrid work environment, may include remote work opportunities
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located at 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.