Intern – Public Involvement
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to support its public involvement program. Primary work functions include contributing to communications and outreach efforts for transportation projects and programs. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/NCTCOG/Careers. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, including other internship opportunities, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience and a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours per week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with planning public meetings and community events
- Assisting with implementation of marketing and public relations campaigns
- Gathering and organizing materials to take to community events
- Designing and updating monthly public input emails, flyers, and postcard templates
- Drafting website, social media, and publication content
- Assisting in the maintenance of databases for a variety of projects and programs, including the department’s outreach item inventory software
- Assisting with the evaluation of communications and outreach strategies through data tracking and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Knowledge of CRM and Constant Contact preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, creative, and have ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment
- No experience required. Pursuit of a degree in communications, planning, public administration, or political science is preferred, but not required
Minimum of $15.00 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG's purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located at 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.