Communications Specialist II - Public Involvement
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an entry- or mid-level Communications Specialist to support its public involvement program. Primary work functions include supporting public meetings and other outreach events and contributing to major communications and public relations activities. Applicants wishing to be considered for the mid-level Communications Specialist II position should apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/NCTCOG/Careers. To be considered for the entry-level Communications Specialist I position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning public meetings, including scheduling meetings, developing notices, coordinating presentation materials, and preparing meeting summaries
- Carrying out the use of a virtual public engagement platform to host online and hybrid public meetings and comment opportunities
- Implementing an enhanced engagement program to meet with community groups to identify transportation needs
- Carrying out efforts to expand community outreach to underserved communities
- Updating department Web pages
- Planning community outreach events, including scheduling participation, setting up display booths and/or materials
- Assisting with the coordination of department speaker requests
- Assisting with the management of inventory database
- Serving as a representative of the Transportation Department at public involvement events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Communications Cloud preferred
- Proficiency in virtual public engagement platform preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with members of the public
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, public administration, or related field
- At least one year of job-related experience
Minimum of $48,278.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG's purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located at 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.